These bliss balls are a quick and easy, portable snack that are lots of fun to make (for big kids and little kids alike)! I love getting my hands in there, rolling the dough into balls – it’s so primal and earthy, and you truly “connect” with your food!
These little balls of YUM are chocolate-y, sweet and packed with protein & fat to keep you full! There’s also oodles of ways to customise them to suit your mood .. you’re only limit is your imagination!Ingredients
1 cup medjool dates (approx. 10)
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, softened
1 cup almonds
2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
4-8 drops Peppermint essential oil, optional
½ cup desiccated coconut, for rolling (if desired) Method
- Place almonds in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Roll approx. 2 teaspoons worth each into balls.
- Roll balls in desiccated coconut, if using.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate until firm.
- Transfer to an airtight container. They keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Ensure your essential oils are food grade (I use doTERRA)
- Mix up the essential oils – orange is great, or omit them entirely!
- Add in almond extract, for an amaretto-type flavor.
- Mix up the dried fruit – sultanas & raisins work perfectly.
- Make “Nutella Bliss Balls” by using hazelnuts instead of almonds and omitting the peppermint oil.
- Use your imagination when choosing what to roll the balls in – crushed nuts, cacao nibs, nut/seed meal, cacao powder, berry powder .. the options are endless!
- To make these bliss balls nut-free, replace the almonds with ½C pepitas & ½C sunflower seeds.